by Dave Koszegi
on Monday, June 13th, 2016 at 10:39am.
Do the sunny days have you and your family spending more time eating, lounging and entertaining outside? Here are a few easy-to-implement and affordable ways to redefine how your outdoor space looks for the warmer months.
- One of the most simple and affordable upgrades is giving any decks and / or fences a fresh coat of paint. This is quite easy to do and you can have the whole family help out!
- If you are interested in a summer project, purchase some new fabric for outdoor furniture and sew new covers for couches, chairs and pillows. New colours and patterns will give a whole new look to your furniture.
- Create a kids play space with games and toys, like this outdoor chalkboard. Learn how to make your own outdoor chalkboard here.
- Brighten up your backyard with hanging lights or DIY lanterns. Check out this link for a step-by-step guide to make Mason jar lanterns! Unique lighting makes a great atmosphere for entertaining friends, family and neighbours.
- Find creative ways to showcase flowers like a wooden crate or make your own pallet flower case! Old wooden pallets are fairly easy to find.
In case you missed it, bigger, better and greener options for outdoor living were all showcased last month in the 2016 Greater Vancouver Home Builders’ Association Ovation Awards.
Along with breathtakingly beautiful new and renovated homes, the quality of indoor/outdoor spaces featured in this year’s awards proves that #MetroVancouver builders, renovators and developers keep raising the bar.
Click here to view some stunning examples of B.C. outdoor living at its finest!
We’d love to hear some of the ways you’ve upgraded your outdoor spaces. Comment and share your tips below!
Small improvements to backyards can go a long way in preparing your house to sell, especially in the summer! If you’re looking to prepare your house to sell, give us a call at 250-723-7653.